Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Rock my socks

Last night I was able to make it to one of my favorite conditioning classes at NYSC.  Total Body Conditioning with Wayne.  He totally kicked my ass.  It was nonstop cardio and weights at the same time.
I am a total masochist and loved every sweaty minute of it.  Then he turned me on even more by announcing that he's bringing CrossFit to the club!!!  OMG Wayne rocks my socks.

What is CrossFit you ask?  Well I found out that there already is a CrossFit location in Hoboken http://www.crossfithoboken.com/.   It's taken from Police and Military training programs, blending weightlifting with sprinting and many other cardio exercises.  It is extremely challenging and extremely rewarding.  Each day has a different work out to follow called "WOD" or "Workout of the Day".  It lists a set of exercises to do and you time yourself so that you try to do it as quickly as possible.  Here's an example I found from the Hoboken site.



CROSSFIT
Bench Press 5,3,1,5,3,1,5,3,1
Increase in each wave
3×30 sec kb superband bench press iso -holds
Weighted situps 3×15 reps rest 2 min
BOOTCAMP
3 Rounds
one minute each station
one minute rest between rounds
-Box Jumps
- ring Rows
- mountain climbers (2 count)
- 10m Suicide Run (1 point for every 10 m)
for total reps



This program is not for pussies.

Branding wise, what I don't like is that there isn't one main site for it.  There are tons of CrossFit sites and the first one that pops up on google is badly designed and hard to read.  It also doesn't seem related to any location sites.  So each location has it's own site.  Talk about confusing!  I'm a simple gal and get easily confused so it would be nice if they had one main site where you can click on your location.  Sigh, everything would be so much easier if everyone just listened to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment