Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cracking Up

Hubs is genius and got me a gift card to Devotion Yoga, so I took advantage and popped into a class yesterday afternoon.

   *swiped from google

It was fantastic.  My favorite parts are that the instructor is hysterical but still challenging and that the sweaty guy who loves to remove his shirt was absent.  The gods were with me.  Relaxing and strengthening at the same time seems work really well for me because I am VERY sore today.  I hope I can motivate to run later on.

Since I've been practicing yoga for many years I can be a part of the advanced classes except when it comes to inversions.  I have so much neck and shoulder pain that I end up looking like a big pussy as I scrunch my face and sadly flop my legs around as I attempt either a head stand or neck stand.   It's almost as embarrassing as accidentally farting in class.  Hahahaha!  The problem with the fart is that I would crack up!  I'm cackling as I type this just thinking about it...sigh.

                                                                                                   *swiped from google
                                                 
On the bright side I've never let one slip while attempting an arm stand.  I'll take that to the bank.

1 comment: